Dr. Jeffrey Witek
Owner, Medical Director, Chiropractic Physician, Rehabilitation & Nutrition Specialist, Acupuncturist, Head Weight Loss Coach
Dr. Witek is a Chicago native and began his collegiate career at the University of St. Francis in Joliet, IL where he started a Bachelor's of Science degree in Biology along with a Fellowship in Biology conducting research and coordinating undergraduate laboratories. Dr. Witek then transferred to the University of Illinois at Chicago to pursue his pre-med work and studied Biology, Psychology, and then Kinesiology. He became involved in the Kinesiology & Nutrition program at UIC and eventually served as an adjunct cadaver laboratory teaching assistant to help other undergraduate students learn the intricate details of the human body.
While attending UIC, Dr. Witek worked at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in the Cellular and Molecular Biology lab under the direction of many MD/PhDs and Dr. Tom Hope heading the lab. Research targeting the HIV virus was where Dr. Witek assisted. Advanced clinical laboratory protocols and techniques were performed by Dr. Witek and he contributed to many of the published research articles regarding rhesus monkeys and the advancement for various genome recombinant work to help influence abolishing this devastating virus.
Dr. Witek then went on to receive his professional degree from National University of Health Sciences, earning a Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine degree, as well his certification in Acupuncture. During the course of his education, Dr. Witek learned many state of the art techniques as well as soft tissue therapies while earning his chiropractic degree. He is full body certified and specialty certified in Active Release Techniques Soft Tissue Management Systems, FAKTR certified which utilizes instruments to assist in soft tissue healing, DNS certified which is an international rehabilitation & physiotherapy program based in the Czech Republic, Rock Doc certified by RockTape which is one of the most progressive kinesiology taping brands, FMS/SFMA certified which is a movement screen to assess and prevent your body’s movement dysfunction, Functional Medicine University certified in Functional Medicine & Nutrition, and certified to perform injectable nutraceuticals & intravenous nutrition.
Dr. Witek believes finding and treating the cause to illness is the key to success for each patient. Dr. Witek believes in healing the person as a whole and empowering his patients to make their own healthy lifestyle choices with a compassionate, individualized, and hands-on approach.
- Full Body Certification, Nerve Entrapment Certification, & Advanced Palpation training in Active Release Techniques (ART) Soft Tissue Management.
- FAKTR – Functional And Kinetic Treatment with Rehab utilizing instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization.
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS) Rehabilitation trained by the Prague School of Rehabilitation & Manual Medicine at University Hospital Motol in the Czech Republic which was established by key Neurologists/Physiatrists, Alena Kobesova M.D. Ph.D. & Professor Pavel Kolar, Ph.D (pediatric), all of whom emphasize neurodevelopmental aspects of motor control in order to assess and restore dysfunction of the locomotor system and associated syndromes.
- Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) Certified Medical Professional Level 2 which is the world’s leading educational organization and research facility dedicated to the study of how the human body functions in relation to the golf swing.
- Acupuncture Certified and Trained by National University of Health Sciences as well as pursuing further educational advancement and currently enrolled in National University of Health Sciences Masters of Science in Acupuncture program.
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) & Functional Movement Screens (FMS) Certified – these assessments guide the clinician to the most dysfunctional non-painful movement pattern, which is then assessed in detail along with understanding the concepts of movement and its impact on the body.
- Chiropractic Injectable Nutrients, Intravenous (IV) Therapy, & Pharmacotherapy Certification & Training by Dr. Michael Taylor D.C. of Marion Medical Centre in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- Functional Medicine University Certified Practitioner – studied cutting edge dietary & nutritional therapies based off detailed analysis of basic & advanced bloodwork as well as food allergy tests and numerous other diagnostic tests from this nationally recognized leader in functional medicine education for the health care professional and is sponsored by Southern California University of Health Sciences.
- Kinesiology Taping Trained by Motus Therapeutic Methods.
- Fascial Movement Taping (FMT) Certified Rocktape Doc.
- Ideal Weight Loss Method Level 1, 2, 3, & 4 Coach & Medical Director of JC Rejuvenation & Weight Loss Weight Loss & Nutrition Department.